Welcome to Villa Rica First!
The people of Villa Rica First would love to have the opportunity to welcome you into this place we call home. When you come you'll be welcomed and received with open arms. How do I know this? I experienced it first hand recently when I was appointed as Senior Pastor in June 2017. My family and I are thrilled to be in ministry in this place and have been blessed by the hospitality we have received.
If you have questions about the mission and ministry of this congregation of disciples of Christ please let me know. Please feel free to call on me, or set up a time to talk more about how you can become involved in this community of faith. If that's not something you're ready to do, at least let me tell you a few things I've noticed since I've been here:
1. Worship: We offer both traditional (9am) and modern (11am) worship experiences. Both are filled with not only fine moments of worship, but fine people who are seeking to draw closer to our Lord.
2. Diversity: We are a diverse group of people representing the Kingdom of God. Many ages and spectrums make up the people called Villa Rica First UMC.
3. Missions: The focus of the people of Villa Rica First is grounded in missions. This includes active involvement in the Backpack Ministry, God's Food Pantry, the Thrift Store, and so much more. Villa Rica First is committed to making a difference in our community and around the world.
4. Education: The people of Villa Rica First seek to grow closer to God and one another. Small Groups are vital to this congregation and we seek to make sure that there is a place for all.
5. History and Future: Villa Rica First UMC is grounded in a solid and powerful history. From the days before we were located at 206 North Ave in downtown Villa Rica to today - our history has been built upon the rock of Jesus Christ. But God is not done with us yet. Villa Rica First UMC has a hopeful tomorrow and we invite you to come and join us in that future!
And I close with that invitation - come join us and see for yourself, all that God is up to at The Garden.
Blessings, Pastor Erik